Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday Wonderful Family Albums


For Vintage Thingies Thursday I am sharing another of my priced treasures. It is vintage family photo albums. I have a total of three but will have to share with my sister and 2 cousins. They are not completely full but do have some wonderful pictures of family.

This one is the prettiest of the three. The pictures are from my mother's mother's side of the family. I have not worked hard enough on searching and recording this side of the family so that is a project for the near future. This side is very difficult. I am at a dead end of my grandma 's father. All I have is a picture and a census of who they may be. The other side of the family came from Ireland in the 1850's so am stuck at that point.

Hope that you enjoy seeing this album , they are available in antique stores but are expensive. Watch for them at small estate sales , eBay or local auctions to hold your vintage pictures

Stop at look at a fun group of bloggers offering Vintage Thingies Thursday at http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/.

9 comments:

  1. The album is so pretty. You have researched you family well, back to the 1850s! That is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing - happy VTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely album. And such a great heritage keepsake.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen a few of these old albums and they are so pretty. I saw a Victorian one that was velvet and oh so nice. But at the end of the day the real treasure is what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing these old albums. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fortunate you are to have those family albums. The album is beautiful but I'm sure the pictures are priceless. Thanks for sharing!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful album....love the cover.

    Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your album is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great album! I have a few brick walls also. When
    you go further back than 1850, good records are hard to find. :)

    ReplyDelete