Thursday, December 3, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday Bless This House Prayer



Tonight for Vintage Thingies Thursday I am sharing an old religious plaque that hung in my mother's kitchen. I now have it hanging over my kitchen sink.

I then made one to hang in my bedroom.

It has pink flowers as the background and is framed in white. Very feminane looking.
Says
Bless This House
Bless this house, O Lord We Pray,
Make It Safe By Night And Day;
Bless These Walls, So Firm And Stout,
Keeping Want And Trouble Out,
Bless The Roof And Chimney Tall;
Let Thy Peace Lie Over All;
Bless This Door, That It May Be
Ever Wide To Welcome Thee.



Take a look at other Vintage Thingies posted at http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/2009/12/vintage-thingies-thursday-vintage.html

She is sharing about a vintgage Christmas Tree. I spotted one today at a thrift store. I may have to go and check it out tomorrow to see the condition and price.

Thanks for stopping by.. Have a great day

6 comments:

  1. Go check out that tree, and get it!!!! They will only increase in value...however that does not matter to me, mine will never be for sale...until my family has a huge estate sale one day and retire themselves from the profits..hahahah...love your plaque, my mom used to have one that said the same thing, but yours is much more nicer than the one she had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you have such a family treasure. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Cheers,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet plaque. It's wonderful to have such a sweet heritage from your mother's kitchen.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good prayer! And fun to have your mom's old plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the prayer. It is possible your mom got that from your grandma, could be ^_^ Happy weekend!


    My VTT is here

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful prayer on that plaque! I really should say a prayer every time I cook, because I'm really lousy at at!
    Happy VTT and have a great weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete