Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Found Treasure An Old Menu From Sidewalk Cafe Southdale Mall




















Recently while wandering around an estate sale I came across an old menu from the Southdale Mall in Edina, Minnesota. It is for the Sidewalk cafe. Southdale was started in 1956 so I am guessing this menu is late 1950's to mid 1960's
It is so colorful and full of vintage prices for the food offered.

There is a layout of the mall on back side. I see a Dayton's store and a Donaldson's those are the two anchors and the only two anchors. Dayton's was founded in 1902 by George Draper Dayton. Here is some Minnesota trivia... Mark Dayton is the great or great great grandson of George Dayton. Mark is now our new governor elect with a recount of votes taking place right now.

Okay what should we eat? How about a bowl of Chicken soup with noodles or rice and Saltines 20 cents or we could have New England Clam Chowder with Saltines also 20 cents.


Club house sandwich with ham, cheese, turkey, lettuce and tomato on toast with Crisp potato chips and midget Gherkins $1.00 or how about the Shopper's Special









Sub Gum Chow Mein with Toasted Almonds, crisp fried noodles and fluffy rice , with lettuce salad with french dressing, hot rolls and choice of beverage.. all for $1.10.

For dessert think I will have a piece of Fresh baked Fruit Pie.











These old menus are great treasures and collectible by certain buyers. I will be listing on eBay in the future.




Until it sells I will enjoy looking at a menu from another time. I will be sharing this on
Thanks for stopping by.. Grace

6 comments:

  1. I wish we could eat out that cheap now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked looking at both the graphics and prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is just a fun find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that, so much fun! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Happy VTT,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete