Saturday, April 16, 2016

Sepia Saturday Photo Gone But Not Forgotten Jack Wetherell Grand Rapids Minnesota

Today's vintage photo is a of a beautiful young child sitting in a high chair. It is a large photo and

written on the front is Jack Wetherell.





The back of the photo tells us that photo was taken June 2nd 1944 at Lloyd's house in

Grand Rapids Minnesota

Also written is that jack was born November 12 1943
.
Always sad that photos get separated from family members. Photo is available on eBay at this time.

Photo has been placed in a brown cardboard frame. Nice looking and hoping that family will find

picture posted today.

I have posted this at Sepia Saturday blog. Take a moment to see what others are sharing.


7 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that Jack or one of his relatives will 'find him' !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack has now become known to so many people who would never have crossed his path otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As often happens I was not only captivated by the photo but by its provenance. Grand rapids has such a romantic ring to it - I couldn't help Googling it and taking a virtual trip around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be nice to think the family would find the photo, but I don't think it happens often. I’ve blogged about old postcards or books with inscriptions (on my book blog) in the hope they will be reunited with their owners, but I’ve had no takers – so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did a little research: Jack Wetherell was born 12 Nov 1943 in Los Angeles, California; he died on 1 June 1946 in Itasca County, Minnesota. Mother was June Rose Dahlin (1920-2011). Found an ancestry.com listing for him and sent an email to site owner; told owner to look you up. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have to remember that the photos might have been sent to friends and never really were separated from family. I wonder what happened to all the school photos I handed out as a kid. I'm betting my long lost friends had family who said, "Who the heck is this kid?" and tossed me in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those 4 babies lined up, quads? Or is that one baby x's 4? Whichever, it's a great photo. The expression at the right end is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete