Wednesday, March 28, 2012

VINTAGE POSTCARDS 300 FOUND AT AUCTION OVER some Military World War 1

Monday night we were at one of our local auction houses. One of the items offered was a box of over 300 vintage post cards. I was the lucky buyer at a great price for me.  Last night hubby and I went through them, sorting and starting to organize them to resell.
The post cards that first got my attention was some ones that were from World War 1. This is a popular topic with collectors either on the Internet or at another local auction.  What I will probably do is offer them in the upcoming Antique auction and attempt to turn some fast money.  I also have some old vintage photos that are military related. These will be offered also at that same auction.


Until I bring them to the auction house I will share some of them here.
This one is titled Artillery at Camp Lakeview, Lake City, Minn
It is addressed to Master George Chamberlain of Excelsior, Minn. Postmarked 1908

It is in good to fair condition with wear on edges and some creases. The stamp has been removed.

post card 2 Life in the US Army Cantonment One of Uncle Sam's Platoons



post card 3 Barbed wire cut, Americans creeping on the Germans with hand grenades France




photo 4  Victory in Paris 14 July 1919 this is actually printed in French


written message on back of post card.

Hope that you have enjoyed viewing some of the vintage postcards I just bought.

2 comments:

  1. Luckily I have the postcards from WWI that my Grandfather sent my Grandmother. They have a nurse and soldier on them, great since she was a nurse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Postcards with nurses are very popular. Great treasure you have.

      Delete