Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vintage Orphan Photo # 102 TODAYS PHOTO FROM THE PAST ~ LITTLE PEOPLE CABINET WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHED late 1800's

I recently rescued several photos from an auction a couple of weeks ago.  This is the one I wanted among the pile. Sadly it has no names or even the photographer listed on it.
It is of a young couple who are what we consider little people today in the political correct world.
This cabinet photo is from the late 1890s to early 1900's and they are probably a married couple. It very well could be their wedding photo.  It has faded over time.
These are rare photos to find and the first I have been able to purchase. I will pass it on to a collector at some time in the future. I feel it has a value of between $20.00 to $40.00. If we had their names it would be priceless to their family.
Thank you for stopping by to view one of my found treasures. Take a moment and look at past postings if you like.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment